Gastroenterology is the study of the normal function and diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. In essence, all normal activity and disease of the digestive organs is part of the study of Gastroenterology. A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
Florida Hospital Flagler provides you with the best care and access to the latest and a variety of treatments and procedures for specific digestive health disorders. We offer groundbreaking techniques, diagnostic strategies, cancer treatment and minimally invasive surgery.
Florida Hospital Flagler offers the community two fully-equipped state-of-the-art endoscopy suites, with advanced flexible video endoscopes. Our expert gastroenterologists, along with our skilled anesthesia and technical support personnel, will take care of you with our mission of hope, health and healing in mind. We offer the following procedures:
- Diagnostic fluroscopy of the GI tract
- Endoscopic foreign body removal of the upper and lower GI tract
- Diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventative cancer screenings
- Stomach, rectal and colon polypectomy
- Esophogeal and billiary dilation and stenting
- Argon plasma tissue coagulation
- ERCP and full diagnostic and therapeutic radiology interventional support
Click here to read about the Colorectal Cancer services available at Florida Hospital Flagler.